in almost any measure anywise whatsoever
- Any item act state event or fact whatever thing of any kind something or other aught when I will never get it done for such a thing
- Any object, act, condition, occasion, or reality whatever; thing of any sort; something or any other; aught; because, i might perhaps not do it for such a thing.
- Expressing an indefinite comparison; -- with as or like.
- in almost any measure; anywise; at all.
late Old English ani
(letter.) Any item, work, state, occasion, or reality whatever; thing of any sort; something or other; aught; as, I would personally maybe not do so for something.
- (n.) Expressing an indefinite comparison; -- with since or like.
- (adv.) In just about any measure; anywise; whatsoever.
In 1768 and 1774 he was again elected a representative peer for Scotland, but took no further part in politics, and in 1778 refused to have anything to do with the abortive attempt to effect an alliance between himself and Chatham.