One guilty of buggery or abnormal vice a sodomite
- practice anal intercourse upon
- a person who engages in anal copulation (especially a male whom partcipates in rectal copulation with another male)
- One guilty of buggery or abnormal vice; a sodomite.
- A wretch; -- occasionally made use of humorously or in playful disparagement.
"sodomite," 1550s, earlier in the day "heretic" (mid-14c.), from Medieval Latin Bulgarus "a Bulgarian" (see Bulgaria), so named from bigoted notions of sex everyday lives of Eastern Orthodox Christians or regarding the sect of heretics which was prominent indeed there 11c. Compare Old French bougre "Bulgarian," also "heretic; sodomite." Softened additional sense of "fellow, chap," is in Uk English from mid-19c. Related: Buggerly.
- to dedicate buggery," 1590s, from bugger (n.). Indicating "ruin, spoil" is from 1923. Related: Buggered; buggering.
(n.) One bad of buggery or abnormal vice; a sodomite.
- (letter.) A wretch; -- sometimes made use of humorously or perhaps in playful disparagement.