Large great in proportions degree capability or volume spacious roomy widely extended
- relatively large in dimensions
- plenty of in dimensions or scope or capability
- affording an abundant offer
- big; great in proportions, extent, capacity, or bulk; roomy; spacious; extensively extended.
- Fully sufficient; numerous; liberal; copious; because, an ample fortune; ample justice.
- perhaps not developed of brief; maybe not succinct; extended; diffusive; because, a sufficient narrative.
mid-15c., from center French adequate, from Latin amplus "large, roomy," regarding ampla "handle, hold."
(a.) huge; great in proportions, extent, capability, or volume; roomy; roomy; extensively extended.
- (a.) Fully adequate; numerous; liberal; copious; because, an ample fortune; sufficient justice.
- (a.) Not contracted of quick; maybe not brief; extended; diffusive; since, an ample narrative.
They believe that an experience of more than 250 years gives ample warrant for the belief that Christ did not command them as a perpetual outward ordinance; on the contrary, they hold that it was alien to His method to lay down minute, outward rules for all time, but that He enunciated principles which His Church should, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, apply to the varying needs of the day.