The work or means of creating buds
- beginning to develop
- reproduction of some unicellular organisms (particularly yeasts) by development and expertise followed by the separation by constriction of a part of the parent
- of Bud
- The work or procedure of making buds.
- an ongoing process of asexual reproduction, for which a brand new system or mobile is created by a tumefaction of a portion associated with the animal or veggie organism, the bud hence formed occasionally staying mounted on the mother or father stalk or cell, at other times becoming free; gemmation. See Hydroidea.
- The work or process of ingrafting one variety of plant upon another stock by inserting a bud under the bark.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bud
- (n.) The act or procedure for making buds.
- (letter.) The act or procedure for ingrafting one form of plant upon another stock by placing a bud underneath the bark.
Against this view may be urged the essential similarity between the processes of budding in Entoprocta and Ectoprocta (cf.