utilizing or containing too many words
- Of or regarding words; composed of words; spoken; since, a wordy war.
- making use of numerous terms; verbose; because, a wordy speaker.
- Containing many terms; high in terms.
Old English wordig "verbose;" see word (n.) + -y (2).
(superl.) Of or related to words; comprising words; spoken; because, a wordy war.
- (superl.) Using many words; verbose; because, a wordy speaker.
- (superl.) Containing many terms; packed with terms.
His terse and pertinent letter to Origen, impugning the authority of the apocryphal book of Susanna, and Origen's wordy and uncritical answer, are both extant.