not bearing a date
- increasing and dropping in waves toward the margin as a leaf waved
- maybe not dated having no day of not known age as an undated page
- Rising and falling in waves toward the margin, as a leaf; waved.
- Not dated; having no day; of unidentified age; because, an undated letter.
"left without sign of time," 1560s, from un- (1) "not" + previous participle of time (v.1) "assign a romantic date to." Compare similarly formed German undatirt, Dutch ongedateerd, Swedish odaterad.
(a.) Rising and falling in waves toward the margin, as a leaf; waved.
- (a.) Maybe not dated; having no date; of not known age; because, an undated letter.
Whatever ancient sources may have been accessible, whatever trustworthy traditions were in circulation, and whatever a knowledge of the ancient Oriental world might lead one to expect, one is naturally restricted in the first instance to those undated records which have survived in the form which the last editors gave to them.