abounding with or resembling performers
- Abounding with performers adorned with stars
- Abounding with stars; adorned with stars.
- Consisting of, or proceeding from, the stars; stellar; stellary; as, starry light; starry flame.
- Shining like stars; sparkling; because, starry eyes.
- organized in rays like those of a star; stellate.
belated 14c., from star (n.) + -y (2). Starry-eyed "unrealistically positive" is attested from 1884; early in the day descriptive of brilliant eyes. Relevant: Starrily; starriness.
Nor when expandingly lifted by your subject, can you fail to trace out great whales in the starry heavens, and boats in pursuit of them; as when long filled with thoughts of war the Eastern nations saw armies locked in battle among the clouds.