concerning a spouse
- of or relating to a marriage
- Of or regarding a spouse or marriage nuptial matrimonial conjugal connubial bridal as spousal rites spousal ornaments
- relationship nuptials espousal typically utilized in the plural because the spousals of Hippolita
- Of or related to a partner or marriage; nuptial; matrimonial; conjugal; bridal; as, spousal rites; spousal ornaments.
- relationship; nuptials; espousal; -- generally speaking utilized in the plural; as, the spousals of Hippolita.
1510s, "pertaining to marriage," from spouse (n.) + -al (1).
- c.1300, "a wedding ceremony, activity of marrying; wedlock, condition of being espoused," from Anglo-French spousaille, Old French esposaille (see espousal). Earlier on was spousage "marriage, wedlock" (mid-14c.).
Successes were limited for the week with one found child, accidently trapped in a locked room of an empty house and one spousal abduction, in the face of a restraining order.