condition of having the interior filled up with matter
- the persistence of a solid
- the caliber of being solid and trustworthy financially or factually or morally
- hawaii or top-notch becoming solid density consistency in opposition to fluidity compactness fullness of matter in opposition to openness or hollowness power soundness against weakness or uncertainty the primary quality or love of matter in which its particles omit or resist others stiffness massiveness
- The state or top-notch being solid; thickness; persistence, -- in opposition to fluidity; compactness; fullness of matter, -- against openness or hollowness; power; soundness, -- compared to weakness or uncertainty; the primary high quality or affection of matter by which its particles exclude or resist all others; hardness; massiveness.
- Moral tone; soundness; power; quality; truth; certainty; -- in place of weakness or fallaciousness; as, the solidity of arguments or reasoning; the solidity of principles, triuths, or views.
- The solid articles of a body; amount; amount of inclosedu000du000a room.
late 14c., from Middle French solidit
Some of the levees, especially those in swampy regions where outlet bayous are closed, are of extraordinary solidity and dimensions, being 20 to 40 ft.