united states of america star (1858-1942)
- United States actress noted on her one-woman programs (1901-1979)
- united states of america psychologist and a prominent proponent of behaviorism (1904-1990)
- a person who makes or deals in animal skins
- an employee who pushes mules
- person who skins
- One who skins.
- a person who deals in skins, pelts, or hides.
belated 14c., "a dealer in skins," from epidermis (n.); as "one who skins," 1690s, broker noun from skin (v.). The surname is attested from mid-13c. In addition in U.S. usage "one whom strips, robs, or plunders;" title fond of a band of marauders who committed depredations on Loyalists in nyc through the Revolution. Compare Old Norse skinnari "a dealer in skins; a skinner, tanner."
Commentaries on the Biblical passages especially Burney and Skinner on Kings, Meyer and A.