show approval or understanding of
- grant credentials to
- detect using the sensory faculties
- present greetings upon satisfying some body
- present responsibility, thanks, or appreciation for
- be fully conscious or cognizant of
- perceive becoming the same
- accept (some body) to-be something claimed or accept his power and expert
mainly Brit English spelling of recognize; for spelling, see -ize. Associated: Recognised; recognising; recognisance.
Thereby, the whale commanders are enabled to recognise each other upon the ocean, even at considerable distances and with no small facility.