an unintentional omission resulting from failure to note something
- administration by overseeing the performance or procedure of someone or team
- a mistake caused by inattention
- Watchful treatment superintendence basic direction
- Watchful attention; superintendence; basic supervision.
- An overlooking; an omission; a mistake.
- Escape from an overlooked peril.
Managerial term familiar with descibed a fuck up commited by themselves
"direction," early 14c., from over- + sight. Indicating "omission of notice, reality of moving over without witnessing" attested from belated 15c.; compare oversee.
(n.) Watchful treatment; superintendence; basic supervision.
- (letter.) An overlooking; an omission; an error.
- (letter.) getting away from an overlooked peril.
He named one hundred preachers who after his death were to meet once a year, fill up vacancies in their number, appoint a president and secretary, station the preachers, admit proper persons into the ministry, and take general oversight of the societies.