a person who is discontented or disgusted
- discontented because toward expert
- discontented uneasy dissatisfied specially dissatisfied aided by the federal government
- a person who discontented particularly a discontented topic of a government one who expresses their discontent by words or overt functions
- discontented; uneasy; dissatisfied; especially, dissatisfied using the federal government.
- one that discontented; especially, a discontented topic of a federal government; one who express their discontent by terms or overt acts.
1580s, noun and adjective, from French malcontent; see mal- + content (adj.). Associated: Malcontented; malcontentedly; malcontentedness.
(a.) discontented; uneasy; dissatisfied; specifically, dissatisfied with the federal government.
- (n.) One who discontented; specifically, a discontented topic of a government; one that express their discontent by terms or overt acts.
In vain did the malcontent princes attempt to set up a new League of Public Weal, the Guerre folle (Mad War), in which the duke of Brittany, Francis II., played the part of Charles the Bold, dragging in the people of Lorraine and the king of Navarre, In vain did Charles VIII., his majority attained, at once abandon in the treaty of Sable the benefits gained by the victory of Saint-Aubin du Cormier (1488).