Permitting water or other liquid to leak in or out as a leaking roof or cask a leaking faucet
- allowing the unwanted passing of fluids or fumes
- made use of informally; not able to keep urine
- prone to communicate private information
- Permitting water or any other substance to drip in or out; since, a leaky roofing or cask.
- more likely to reveal secrets; tattling; not close.
mid-15c., from leak (n.) + -y (2). Related: Leakiness.
(superl.) Permitting water or other substance to leak in or away; since, a leaky roofing or cask.
- (superl.) Likely to disclose secrets; tattling; maybe not near.
The painkillers didn't work, and by noon, she had a pulsing headache and no idea how to change the leaky bandage around her wrist.