a membrane enclosing and protecting the establishing spores especially that covering the sori of a fern
- an accumulation of hairs united in order to form sort of glass, and inclosing the stigma of a flower.
- The instant covering associated with the fresh fruit dots or sori in several ferns, often a rather thin scale affixed by the center or side to a veinlet.
- a distinct covering found in specific fungi.
(n.) An accumulation of hairs united so as to form a sort of cup, and inclosing the stigma of a flower.
- (letter.) The immediate covering of the good fresh fruit dots or sori in a lot of ferns, frequently an extremely slim scale attached by the middle or side to a veinlet.
- (letter.) A peculiar covering within specific fungi.
When mature, the sporangia are raised above the margin of the indusium by the elongation of the receptacle, thus facilitating the dispersion of the spores.