To form in idea to fancy
- form a mental picture of something which is not present or that isn't the scenario
- the specific existence supposed to correspond with a concept; the correlate in real existence on idea as a thought or presence.
- To form in concept; to fancy.
- To apprehend in idea so as to fix and hold in the mind; to memorize.
c.1600, from idea + -ate (2). Relevant: Ideated; ideating.
(letter.) The particular presence expected to correspond with a notion; the correlate in real existence towards idea as a thought or existence.
- (v. t.) To make in idea; to fancy.
- (v. t.) To apprehend in thought in order to fix and hold into the brain; to remember.
For his life see his Ideate and Irrtumer (1872 5th ed., 1894) an Annalen meines Lebens (1891); and cf.