to clean with a vacuum cleaner
- some sort of vacuum cleaner
- clean with vacuum pressure cleaner
- United States industrialist just who produced vacuum cleaners (1849-1932)
- usa lawyer who had been director for the FBI for 48 many years (1895-1972)
- 31st President for the US; in 1929 the stock exchange crashed together with economy collapsed and Hoover had been beaten for reelection by Franklin Roosevelt (1874-1964)
- a type of vacuum cleaner
proprietary title for a make of vacuum cleaner (complex 1927); occasionally made use of generally speaking for "vacuum cleaner." As a verb, indicating "to vacuum," from 1926, within the organization’s advertising.
After America's entrance into the World War the work had to be carried on by neutrals, but Mr. Hoover remained chairman of the Commission.