made from glass vitreous as a glassy material
- resembling glass in smoothness and shininess and slickness
- (of ceramics) getting the area made shiny and nonporous by fusing a vitreous solution to it
- (used of eyes) lacking liveliness
- made from glass; vitreous; as, a glassy material.
- Resembling cup in its properties, such as smoothness, brittleness, or transparency; because, a glassy flow; a glassy area; the glassy deep.
- Dull; desiring life or fire; lackluster; -- stated associated with the eyes.
belated 14c., from glass + -y (2).
A smooth, peaceful water area without any existence of wind. (recreation: Weather Forecast)
- a trend that is smooth in features and texture due to the fact liquid will not be disturbed by the wind. (recreation: searching)
(a.) Made of cup; vitreous; as, a glassy compound.
- (a.) Resembling cup with its properties, as with smoothness, brittleness, or transparency; since, a glassy flow; a glassy surface; the glassy deep.
- (a.) Dull; wanting life or fire; lackluster; -- stated of this eyes.
His eyes were glassy in rapt nostalgia.