c.1600, from future + -ity.
A race where competing horses tend to be nominated before being foaled. (recreation: Harness rushing)
enough time yet to come
- the quality of becoming in or for the future
- State of being that is yet to come; future state.
- Future time; time; the long run.
- Event in the future; the next occasion.
(letter.) Condition of being which yet in the future; future condition.
- (letter.) Future time; time to come; tomorrow.
- (n.) occasion in the future; a future event.
The subjects are: (1) Years past no;longer ours; (2) Man a sojourner on earth; (3) Advantage of frequent contemplation of eternity; (4) Preparation for judgment by such contemplation; (5) The good man not desirous of talking; (6) Abstinence, and its distinction from the prohibition to take life; (7) Selfexamination and self-reproof inconsistent with inaction; (8) Future reward and punishment; (9) Prying into futurity hastens calamity; (ro) Wealth with covetousness more wretched than poverty with contentment.