The work of extending or even the state to be extended a stretching out growth in breadth or extension of size boost enhancement expansion
- a mutually concurred delay into the time set when it comes to conclusion of employment or repayment of a debt
- a string of figures beginning with a period and accompanied by one or more letters; the recommended 2nd element of a PC computer filename
- the spreading of something (a belief or training) into new areas
- more direct or particular concept of a word or expression; the class of items that an expression describes
- the capacity to raise the working leg saturated in the atmosphere
- amount or level or range that one thing runs
- an addition to the duration of anything
- an extra phone ready which attached to the same phone line
- an addition that stretches a primary building
- act of extending or straightening out a flexed limb
- an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to folks who are maybe not enrolled as regular pupils
- act of expanding in scope; making more widely available
- The act of extending or perhaps the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or extension of length; enhance; enhancement; expansion.
- That residential property of a body in which it occupies a portion of area.
- capability of a concept or general term to incorporate a higher or smaller range things; -- correlative of intension.
- The procedure of stretching a broken bone in order to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- The straightening of a limb, in distinction from flexion.
- A written wedding for a creditor, permitting a debtor additional time for you pay a debt.
n. granting of a certain level of additional time in order to make a payment, file a legal document after the time because of or carry on a lease following the original termination of term.
The process of straitening or the state to be strait. Extension of hip and knee joints is essential to stand up from the sitting position.
In mercantile law. An allowance of more time the repayment of debts. An understanding between a debtorand his creditors, where they enable him additional time for the repayment of their liabilities.In patent legislation. An extension of lifetime of a patent for another amount of sevenyears, formerly permitted by-law in the United States, upon proof being made that theinventor hadn't succeeded in acquiring a reasonable remuneration from their patentright.This isn't any longer allowed, except concerning designs. See Rev. St. U. S.
c.1400, "inflammation, bulging," from Latin extensionem/extentionem (nominative extensio/extentio) "a stretching out, extension," noun of activity from past participle stem of extendere (see extend). In a concrete feeling, "extended part of something" (a railroad, etc.), from 1852. Telephone good sense is from 1906.
takes place when the horse lengthens its stride during a walk, trot or canter. Extension should occur in both hind and fore legs. (sport: Horse rushing)
- The lengthening of a horse's stride at any pace. Does not always mean an increase in speed. (recreation: Harness Racing)
- A tubular device included about the cue to lengthen it, to ensure a new player can attain the cue basketball when it is awkwardly placed. (recreation: Snooker)
- The opening of a joint in a limb. (recreation: Swimming)
(Lat. ex + tendere, to stretch) Physical room, thought to be just one cement, continuum as compared utilizing the abstract conceptual area of math. The difference between extension and "room" when you look at the abstract good sense is actually drawn by Descartes (1596-1650) within the axioms of Philosophy, component II, Princ. IV-XV. -- L.W. One of the two characteristics (q.v.) of Jesus which, based on Spinoza, tend to be available to the person intellect (Ethics, II, passim). Even though the attribution of idea (cogitatio, q.v.) to God was a medieval commonplace, the attribution of extension to Jesus ended up being, inside custom, extremely heretical. Spinoza, but was at great pains showing (Ibid, we, 14-18) that unless these types of attribution had been made, all ideas of Jesus's causality were rendered either nonsensical or clearly contradictory. -- W.S.W.
- See Intension and Extension.
(v. t.) The work of extending or perhaps the state to be extended; a stretching out; growth in breadth or continuation of length; enhance; enhancement; development.
- (v. t.) That residential property of a body where it occupies some of room.
- (v. t.) capability of a thought or general term to add a higher or smaller few things; -- correlative of intension.
- (v. t.) The procedure of extending a broken bone in order to deliver the fragments into the same straight line.
- (v. t.) The straightening of a limb, in difference from flexion.
- (v. t.) A written involvement for a creditor, enabling a debtor additional time and energy to spend a debt.
Balivag is served by an extension of the railway between Manila and Dagupan.