The work of exciting or investing in movement the work of rousing up or awakening
- the state to be emotionally aroused and worked up
- the neural or electrical stimulation of an organ or muscle or gland
- a thing that agitates and arouses
- The act of exciting or putting in motion; the work of rousing up or awakening.
- The work of creating excitement (stimulation); in addition, the excitement produced.
belated 14c., from Old French excitation, from later Latin excitationem (nominative excitatio), noun of activity from past participle stem of excitare "to call-out, aftermath, rouse, stir-up" (see excite).
(n.) The work of exciting or setting up movement; the work of rousing up or awakening.
- (n.) The act of creating excitement (stimulation); also, the pleasure produced.
Wien's method of impact excitation by employing a form of spark gap which quenches the primary discharge instantly and excites the free oscillations in the antenna by impact or shock.