the caliber of becoming deep deepness perpendicular measurement downward from the area or horizontal measurement backward from front once the level of a river the level of a body of soldiers
- (usually plural) a minimal moral state
- the level downward or backward or inwards
- the intellectual power to penetrate profoundly into a few ideas
- the attribute or quality of becoming deep, strong, or intense
- level of mental or intellectual profundity
- the grade of becoming deep; deepness; perpendicular measurement downward from surface, or horizontal measurement backwards through the front; as, the level of a river; the level of a body of soldiers.
- Profoundness; extent or level of intensity; variety; completeness; as, level of real information, or shade.
- Lowness; because, level of sound.
- what is deep; a-deep, or even the deepest, part or spot; the deep; the center part; as, the depth of night, or of winter months.
- the sheer number of quick elements which an abstract conception or idea contains; the understanding or content.
- a couple of toothed wheels which interact.
late 14c., evidently created in center English on style of size, breadth; from Old English deop "deep" (see deep) + -th (2). Changed older deopnes "deepness." Although English word is fairly recent, the development is in Proto-Germanic, *deupitho-, and corresponds to Old Saxon diupitha, Dutch diepte, Old Norse dyp
Commonly abbreviated as "D", level is a measurement of how far straight back a three dimensional item is. For instance, in the illustration off to the right, the Z-Axis is a representation of level.
(letter.) The standard of becoming deep; deepness; perpendicular measurement downward from area, or horizontal dimension backwards through the front side; as, the level of a river; the depth of a body of soldiers.
- (n.) Profoundness; level or amount of strength; variety; completeness; as, level of knowledge, or color.
- (letter.) Lowness; as, depth of sound.
- (n.) Whatever is deep; a-deep, and/or deepest, component or spot; the deep; the middle component; since, the level of night, or of winter season.
- (letter.) The amount of easy elements which an abstract conception or thought includes; the comprehension or content.
- (n.) A couple of toothed rims which interact.
The others looked at him, surprised at the depth of his reaction.