a person who has declined from a high standard particularly a sexual deviate usually made use of disparagingly or opprobriously of persons whose sexual behavior cannot conform to the norms of acknowledged morals
- to-be or grow even worse than ones type or than one ended up being originally hence become inferior to develop poorer meaner or even more vicious to drop in great attributes to decline
- Having become worse than people type or people former state having declined in well worth having lost in goodness deteriorated degraded unworthy base reduced
- develop worse
- unrestrained by meeting or morality
- you whoever behavior deviates from what's acceptable particularly in sexual behavior
- Having become even worse than an individual's kind, or a person's former state; having declined in well worth; having lost in goodness; deteriorated; degraded; unworthy; base; reasonable.
- to-be or develop worse than one's sort, or than one was originally; for this reason, becoming substandard; to develop poorer, meaner, or higher vicious; to decline in great attributes; to deteriorate.
- to-fall off from the conventional quality and/or healthier structure of its sort; to become of a reduced kind.
belated 15c., from Latin degeneratus, past participle of degenerare "is inferior compared to your ancestors, to become unlike your race or sort, fall from ancestral high quality," made use of of actual along with moral characteristics, from expression de genere, from de + genus (genitive generis) "birth, descent" (see genus). The noun is from 1550s.
- 1540s, from Latin degeneratus, previous participle of degenerare "fall from ancestral high quality" (see degenerate (adj.)). Figurative feeling of "to fall down, decrease" was at Latin. Related: Degenerated; degenerating.
of the identical energy.
(a.) Having become even worse than one's type, or your previous state; having declined in worth; having lost in goodness; deteriorated; degraded; unworthy; base; reduced.
- (v. i.) to-be or develop even worse than a person's kind, or than one had been initially; thus, becoming inferior; to develop poorer, meaner, or even more vicious; to drop in great qualities; to decline.
- (v. i.) to-fall faraway from the conventional quality or even the healthier construction of their sort; to become of a lower life expectancy type.
The frequency with which even the most highly cultivated strains produce degenerate offspring is notorious, and is probably the reason for the profound belief in telegonic action asserted by most breeders.