to straight back call at a humilating way and need to crawfish from meeting with him
- Any decapod crustacean regarding the household Astacidaelig genera Cambarus and Cambarus resembling the lobster but smaller and discovered in fresh seas Crawfishes are esteemed extremely fine meals both in European countries and America The us types are wide ranging and mainly fit in with the genus Cambarus The blind crawfish for the Mammoth Cave is Cambarus pellucidus the typical European types is Astacus fluviatilis
- little lobster-like crustaceans frequently boiled shortly
- make a retreat from an earlier commitment or task
- little freshwater decapod crustacean that resembles a lobster
- huge delicious marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the big pincers of real lobsters
- Alt. of Crayfish
1620s, variation of crayfish. Not initially an American type. In addition in 19c. American English as a verb, "to back down," in reference to the animal's moves.
Blind crawfish (Cambarus pellucidus)inhabit the Crawfish Spring.