Sticking together cleaving as components of systems solid or liquid
- effective at thinking and revealing yourself in an obvious and consistent manner
- marked by an orderly, logical, and visually consistent relation of components
- (physics) of waves having a consistent phase connection
- sticking collectively
- Sticking collectively; cleaving; since the components of bodies; solid or fluid.
- consists of mutually dependent parts; making a logical entire; constant; because, a coherent plan, debate, or discourse.
- Logically constant; -- put on persons; as, a coherent thinker.
- right or appropriate; adapted; accordant.
1550s, from Middle French coh
The precise mechanism of the process of setting of Portland cement is not known with certainty, but it is probably analogous to that of the setting of plaster of Paris, consisting in the dissolution of the compounds produced by hydration while they are in a more soluble form, their transition to a less soluble form, the consequent supersaturation of the solution, and the deposition of the surplus of the dissolved substance in crystals which interlock and form a coherent mass.