one that or what climbs
- To rise to mount with energy to clamber
- a vine or climbing plant that easily develops a help or higher other plants
- some body seeking social importance by obsequious behavior
- a person who ascends by foot
- someone who climbs as an activity; especially a person who climbs mountains
- an iron surge attached to the footwear to prevent falling on ice when walking or climbing
- a person who, or what, climbs
- A plant that climbs.
- A bird that climbs, as a woodpecker or a parrot.
- To climb; to mount with work; to clamber.
very early 15c., "one just who climbs," agent noun from rise (v.). Of plants, from 1630s.
The three north-side second floor rooms contained Fred, Gladys Turnbull and a pretty female climber named Penny.