Impure carbon ready from vegetable or animal substances esp coal produced by charring wood in a kiln retort an such like from where environment is omitted it's employed for gasoline plus in numerous mechanical imaginative and chemical processes
- draw, trace, or represent with charcoal
- of a very dark gray
- a drawing fashioned with a stick of black carbon material
- an extremely dark grey color
- a carbonaceous material gotten by heating wood or other natural matter in lack of atmosphere
- a stick of black carbon material useful for attracting
- Impure carbon prepared from veggie or petu000du000a substances; esp., coal made by charring lumber in a kiln, retort, etc.,u000du000a from which environment is excluded. It really is employed for gas as well as in variousu000du000a technical, imaginative, and chemical procedures.
- carefully prepared charcoal in small sticks, made use of as a drawing apply.
mid-14c., charcole, first element is either Old French charbon "charcoal," or, regarding the current theory, outdated charren "to make" (from Old English cerran) + cole "coal," therefore, "to turn to coal."
The charcoal man sat down by the fire.