Of or pertaining to Catalonia
- concerning or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its residents
- associated with or characteristic regarding the Catalan language
- an indigenous or inhabitant of Catalonia
- the Romance language spoken in Catalonia in eastern Spain (linked to Spanish and Occitan)
- Of or regarding Catalonia.
- A native or inhabitant of Catalonia; additionally, the language of Catalonia.
A clan of warrior people recognized to span the whole world. Descends from Catalonia in Spain. They are the many amazing men and women you could ever satisfy.
"pertaining to Catalonia," also as a noun, "person from Catalonia," belated 15c., from indigenous name, which is of Celtic beginning and most likely indicates "chiefs of struggle." As a noun meaning "a Catalan," Middle English used Catelaner (mid-14c.), Catellain (very early 15c., from French). As a language name in English by 1792. Related: Catalonian (1707).
All the proparoxytones of modern Catalan are of recent introduction and due to Castilian influence.