To rob of testicles to emasculate to geld to change
- deprive of power or vitality
- take away the testicles of a male pet
- edit by omitting or modifying components considered indelicate
- take away the ovaries of
- a guy who has been castrated and is not capable of reproduction
- To rob of the testicles; to emasculate; to geld; to change.
- To cut and take out; esp. to get rid of anything incorrect, or objectionable off, while the obscene areas of a writing; to expurgate.
1610s (suggested in castrated), back-formation from castration (q.v.), or from Latin castratus, past participle of castrare. The figurative feeling is attested earlier in the day (1550s). Relevant: Castrating.
These organisms live in cockles, oysters and other lamellibranchs and they so affect the gonads of these molluscs as to castrate and sterilize their host.