maintained in or with sugar incrusted with a candylike material as candied fresh fruits
- encrusted with sugar or syrup
- (used specially of fruits) maintained by finish with or allowing to soak up sugar
- Preserved in or with sugar; incrusted with a candylike compound; as, candied fruits.
- Converted wholly or partially into sugar or candy; as candied sirup.
- Conted or more or less with sugar; as, candidied raisins
- Figuratively; Honeyed; nice; flattering.
- Covered or incrusted with this which resembles sugar or candy.
- of Candy
c.1600, past participle adjective from candy (v.).
Cooked in sugar or syrup until transparent and well-coated.
They are also salted and eaten with rice, prepared in the form of pickles or candied and preserved in sugar.