- A descendant of Canaan the child of Ham and grandson of Noah
- a member of a historical Semitic individuals who occupied Canaan before it was conquered because of the Israelites
- the extinct language regarding the Semitic people who occupied Canaan prior to the Israelite conquest
- A descendant of Canaan, the son of Ham, and grandson of Noah.
- A Native or inhabitant associated with the land of Canaan, esp. a member of some of the tribes just who inhabited Canaan during the time of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
- A zealot.
Moreover, the definitely ethical character of the religion of Yahweh established by Moses is exhibited in the strict exclusion of all sexual impurity in His worship. Unlike the Canaanite Baal, Yahweh hasnofemale consort, and this remained throughouta distinguishing trait of the original and unadulterated Hebrew religion (see Bathgen, Beitreige, p. 265).