resolved by calculation as computed tables for processing interest ascertained or conjectured as a consequence of calculation whilst the calculated place of a planet the calculated velocity of a cannon basketball
- very carefully considered in advance
- resolved by calculation; as calculated tables for computing interest; ascertained or conjectured as a result of calculation; since, the calculated place of a planet; the calculated velocity of a cannon ball.
- Adapted by calculation, contrivance. or forethought to perform a purpose; as, to make use of arts calculated to deceive the folks.
- very likely to create a certain effect, whether intended or perhaps not; fitted; adjusted; suitable.
Very carefully prepared or meant or (of an amount or quantity) mathematically exercised or measured.
1863, "devised before you start," past participle adjective from determine. Earlier in the day, "suited, likely" (1722).
1. Deliberate; intended; thought-out. "She spent several hours thinking over every small information, and her well-calculated program had been excessively effective." 2. The last tense of calculate.
These efforts to coerce the Dutch, though marred by partial failure, were, however, calculated to win for Joseph II.