- something in a roundabout way aimed at a thing that is a secondary item of respect an item by-the-way etc as with on or upon the bye i age in passing ultimately by implication
- an automatic advance to another location round in a tournament without playing an opponent
- a farewell comment
- something in a roundabout way targeted at; something which is a second object of regard; an item by-the-way, etc.; as with on or upon the bye, i. e., in moving; ultimately; by implication.
- A run made upon a missed baseball; because, to steal a bye.
- A dwelling.
- in some games, a station or place of a person player.
in displaying usage, a variant of by (prep). Originally in cricket, "a run scored on a ball that is missed by the wicket-keeper" (1746); later, various other recreations, "position of just one who's left without a competitor whenever sleep have drawn pairs" (1883), originally in lawn-tennis.
- shortened kind of good-bye. Reduplication bye-bye is recorded from 1709, however as a sound regularly lull a young child to fall asleep it really is attested from 1630s.
A run the batsman takes once the baseball has not yet moved the bat or any element of his human anatomy. (sport: Cricket)
- Allows a skater to participate in a higher degree of competition and never having to qualify at a lesser level. (sport: Figure Skating)
(n.) A thing circuitously targeted at; something that is a second object of respect; an object incidentally, etc.; such as on or upon the bye, i. e., in moving; ultimately; by implication.
- (letter.) A run made upon a missed baseball; as, to take a bye.
- (letter.) A dwelling.
- (n.) In certain games, a station or host to an individual player.
Now that was a good bye kiss.