to bungle an activity
- to act ineptly or without obvious knowledge of just what one is performing to blunder to stumble about sometimes used in combination with around
- to create a hollow or humming sound like this of a bumblebee to buzz to cry as a bittern
- The bittern
- make chaos of, destroy or destroy
- walk unsteadily
- speak haltingly
- The bittern.
- to create a hollow or humming noise, like this of a bumblebee; to cry as a bittern.
"to flounder, blunder," 1530s, probably of imitative beginning. Associated: Bumbled; bumbler; bumbling.
- "self-important petty authoritative," 1856, through the name of fussy, pompous, stupid beadle in Dickens' "Oliver Twist."
(n.) The bittern.
- (v. i.) to help make a hollow or humming sound, that way of a bumblebee; to cry as a bittern.