to cast or disperse everywhere as seed from the hand in sowing to diffuse widely
- So as to scatter or be scattered in all directions so as to spread extensively as seed from the hand in sowing or news from hit
- Cast or dispersed in all directions as seed from the submit sowing commonly diffused
- A casting or putting seed in all directions as from hand in sowing
- cause in order to become well regarded
- broadcast on the airwaves, like in radio or tv
- sow over an extensive area, specifically yourself
- a radio or tv series
- message this is certainly transmitted by radio or television
- A casting or tossing seed everywhere, since from the turn in sowing.
- Cast or dispersed in all directions, as seed through the hand in sowing; extensively diffused.
- Scattering in all directions (as an approach of sowing); -- in opposition to planting in mountains, or rows.
- to be able to scatter or perhaps scattered everywhere; therefore on spread widely, as seed from the turn in sowing, or news from hit.
1767, adjective, in mention of the the spreading of seed, from wide (adj.) + previous participle of cast (v.). Figurative use is taped from 1785. Modern media use started with radio (1922, adjective and noun). As a verb, recorded from 1813 in an agricultural good sense, 1829 in a figurative feeling, 1921 in mention of radio.
(n.) A casting or putting seed in all directions, because from turn in sowing.
- (a.) Cast or dispersed in all directions, as seed from the submit sowing; commonly diffused.
- (a.) Scattering everywhere (as a way of sowing); -- in opposition to planting in mountains, or rows.
- (adv.) So as to scatter or be spread in all directions; in order to distribute commonly, as seed through the hand in sowing, or news through the press.
On the smooth surface the seed is sown broadcast by hand or machine, at the rate of 3 bushels per acre, and covered in the same manner as clover seeds.