- of Bind
- Bound; fastened by bonds.
- Under responsibility; bound by some benefit rendered; obliged; beholden.
- Made obligatory; imposed as a duty; binding.
- (p. p & a.) Bound; fastened by bonds.
- (p. p & a.) Under obligation; bound by some favor rendered; obliged; beholden.
- (p. p & a.) Made obligatory; enforced as a duty; binding.
In fact, many were inclined to regard a journey to Jerusalem as the bounden duty of every monk - an exaggerated view which led to energetic protests, especially from Gregory of Nyssa, who composed a monograph on the pilgrimages (De its qui adeunt Hierosol.).