vacant talk contemptible nonsense rubbish humbug
- Figure overview show
- pretentious or absurd talk or writing
- Figure; overview; tv show.
- vacant talk; contemptible nonsense; garbage; humbug.
- one of several sloping edges of lower section of a-blast furnace; also, the hollow iron or brick sides of sleep of a puddling or boiling furnace.
- The lower section of a great time furnace, which slopes inward, or the widest area towards the top of this component.
- In forging and smelting, a trough for which resources and ingots are cooled.
"empty talk, nonsense," 1834, from Turkish, actually "empty." Introduced in "Ayesha," preferred love book by J.J. Morier (1780-1849).
(letter.) Figure; overview; tv show.
- (letter.) Empty talk; contemptible nonsense; rubbish; humbug.
- (n.) One of several sloping sides of this reduced section of a-blast furnace; also, the hollow metal or stone sides regarding the bed of a puddling or boiling furnace.
- (n.) The reduced section of a blast furnace, which slopes inwards, and/or widest room towards the top of this part.
- (letter.) In forging and smelting, a trough which tools and ingots tend to be cooled.
The smelting zone always has a bosh and a contracted tuyere section.