one that used or handled a bombard an artilleryman a gunner
- the member of a bomber crew accountable for utilizing the bombsight and releasing the bombs from the target
- a noncommissioned officer within the Uk artillery
- person who utilized or managed a bombard; an artilleryman; a gunner.
- A noncommissioned officer into the Brit artillery.
1550s, soldier with a bombard, from French bombardier, from bombard (see bombard (letter.)). In 17c.-18c. of soldiers just who manned artillery (especially mortars and howitzers); meaning "one whom intends the bombs in an aircraft" is attested 1932, United states English.
(letter.) One that used or was able a bombard; an artilleryman; a gunner.
- (letter.) A noncommissioned officer inside Uk artillery.
In 1703 Alexius was ordered to follow the army to the field as a private in a bombardier regiment.