The work or rehearse of rowing or sailing esp as an amusement carriage in ships
- liquid vacation for enjoyment
- of Boat
- The work or training of rowing or cruising, esp. as an entertainment; carriage in boats.
- In Persia, a punishment of money offenders, by laying all of them regarding in a covered boat, in which these are typically kept to perish.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Boat
- (letter.) The work or practice of rowing or sailing, esp. as an amusement; carriage in boats.
- (n.) In Persia, a punishment of capital offenders, by laying all of them regarding the in a covered vessel, in which these are generally kept to die.
The Thames in this neighbourhood forms a long deep reach in favour with fishermen, and Eel Pie Island is a resort of boating parties.