an organization an assembly or number of persons particularly of females
- a large gathering of men and women of a particular kind
- a flock of birds (especially whenever collected close together on a lawn)
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, specifically of women.
- A flock of birds, specifically quails or larks; additionally, a herd of roes.
early 15c., collective noun of quails and females, from Anglo-French bev
(n.) An organization; an assembly or collection of people, especially of ladies.
- (n.) A flock of birds, specifically quails or larks; additionally, a herd of roes.
He half expected a bevy of uniforms to break down his door before the sun peeked over the amphitheater east of Ouray, signaling another day.