A making better amendment enhancement
- a noticable difference that adds to the value of a property or center
- an alteration the better; development in development
- the act of relieving ills and changing for the better
- A making better; amendment; enhancement.
- a marked improvement of an estate which renders it better than mere fixing would do; -- generally utilized in the plural.
to help make improve
n enhancement put upon an estate which enhances its value more than simple fixes. The expression is also applied to denote the excess value which an estate acquires in result of some community improvement, as laying out or widening a street, eta French v. New York, loflfl How. Prac. (N. Y.) 220; Abell v. Brady, 79 Md. 94, 28 Atl. 817; Chase v. Sioux City, S6 Iowa, 603, 53 N. W. 333.
1590s, from much better (v.) + -ment.
(n.) A making better; amendment; enhancement.
- (letter.) A marked improvement of an estate which renders it better than mere handling would do; -- generally speaking utilized in the plural.
The records of printing indicate that religious, social and economic betterment was the subject of an ever-increasing number of pamphlets.