To contract to any one for a marriage to interact or guarantee to marriage to affiance made use of esp of a lady
- share with in marriage
- To contract to your one for a married relationship; to interact or vow so that you can wedding; to affiance; -- made use of esp. of a female.
- To promise to take (as another spouse); to plight a person's troth to.
- To nominate to a bishopric, being consecration.
c.1300, betrouthen, from bi-, right here probably with a feeling of "thoroughly," + Middle English treow
(v. t.) To contract to your one for a wedding; to activate or promise in order to relationship; to affiance; -- used esp. of a lady.
- (v. t.) To promise to take (as the next spouse); to plight a person's troth to.
- (v. t.) To nominate to a bishopric, being consecration.