In a diminished spot underneath
- Lower in location with one thing straight over or on under underneath for this reason at the foot of
- in or to a place that is lower
- reduced location, with something directly over or on; underneath; underneath; therefore, at base of.
- Under, in relation to something which is superior, or that oppresses or burdens.
- Lower in position, self-esteem, or quality than; as, brutes tend to be beneath guy; man is beneath angels within the scale of beings. Thus: Unworthy of; unbecoming.
- In a lowered place; underneath.
- Here, unlike heaven, or to any superior area or position; since, in earth beneath.
Old English beneo
Beneath [Dagen Merrill]
(prep.) Lower in spot, with anything right over or on; under; underneath; therefore, at foot of.
- (prep.) Under, about something that is exceptional, or that oppresses or burdens.
- (prep.) Lower in ranking, dignity, or superiority than; as, brutes tend to be beneath man; guy is beneath angels in the scale of beings. For this reason: Unworthy of; unbecoming.
- (adv.) In a diminished location; underneath.
- (adv.) The following, rather than heaven, or even any superior area or place; because, in earth beneath.
The sublingual is represented by a mass of glands lying just beneath the mucous membrane of the floor of the mouth on the side of the tongue, causing a distinct ridge, extending from the fraenum backwards, the numerous ducts opening separately along the summit of the ridge.