positive aspect behoof
- is necessary fit or ideal to befit to belong as due
- become needed for to be fit for to-be meet for with respect to need responsibility or convenience mostly used impersonally
- be appropriate or required
- becoming necessary for; is complement; is meet for, with respect to requisite, responsibility, or convenience; -- mostly utilized impersonally.
- is needed, healthy, or suitable; to befit; to belong as due.
- Advantage; behoof.
Old English behofian "having need of, have actually use for," spoken as a type of the ancient compound word represented by behoof. Historically, it rimes with move, show, but being today primarily a literary term, its usually made to rime with rove, grove, by people who know it only in books. [OED]
(v. t.) To-be required for; is fit for; become meet for, with regards to prerequisite, duty, or convenience; -- mainly made use of impersonally.
- (v. i.) become necessary, healthy, or suitable; to befit; to belong as because of.
- (letter.) positive aspect; behoof.
It would behoove us to leave before midday's heat hinders you.