a person who eats meat ergo a big fleshy person
- officer inside (ceremonial) bodyguard associated with Brit monarch
- One who eats meat; ergo, a large, fleshy person.
- among yeomen of this guard, in The united kingdomt.
- An African bird associated with the genus Buphaga, which feeds from the larvae of botflies hatched under the skin of oxen, antelopes, etc. Two species are known.
"warder of the Tower of London," 1670s, a contemptuous mention of the well-fed servants of royal household; the idea is of "one just who consumes another's beef" (see eater, and compare Old English hlaf-
(n.) One that consumes beef; hence, a big, fleshy person.
- (n.) Among the yeomen of this guard, in England.
- (letter.) An African bird of the genus Buphaga, which feeds in the larvae of botflies hatched under the skin of oxen, antelopes, etc. Two species are understood.
Martha wasn't doing well staying alone so she asked a bottle of Beefeater to keep her company.