to be gorgeous to advance in beauty
- To make or make gorgeous to add beauty to to decorate to deck to grace to embellish
- be stunning to look at
- make more appealing by the addition of ornament, color, etc.
- make much more stunning
- To make or make beautiful; to include beauty to; to adorn; to deck; to grace; to embellish.
- to be stunning; to advance in beauty.
mid-15c., "which will make gorgeous," from beauty + -fy. Intransitive sense, "to become beautiful," is recorded from 1590s. Associated: Beautified; beautifying.
(v. t.) To produce or render stunning; to incorporate beauty to; to decorate; to deck; to sophistication; to embellish.
- (v. i.) In order to become breathtaking; to advance in beauty.
Thou hast washed in these running waters wherein dogs and swine have been cast night and day and hast cleansed and wiped the outside skin which also the harlots and flutegirls anoint and wash and wipe and beautify for the lust of men; but within they are full of scorpions and all wickedness.