Felicity associated with greatest sort consummate bliss
- a situation of supreme delight
- among the eight sayings of Jesus at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount; in Latin each saying starts with `beatus' (blessed)
- Felicity of the greatest sort; consummate bliss.
- anyone of nine declarations (called the Beatitudes), built in the Sermon on Mount (Matt. v. 3-12), with regard to the blessedness of the who're distinguished by certain specified virtues.
early 15c., "supreme glee," from center French b
(n.) Felicity of highest kind; consummate bliss.
- (n.) Any one associated with nine declarations (known as the Beatitudes), produced in the Sermon regarding Mount (Matt. v. 3-12), pertaining to the blessedness of the who're distinguished by specific specified virtues.
- (letter.) Beatification.
His order and enumeration of the principles of being, his doctrine of the double aspect of intellect, and of the perfect beatitude which consists in the aggregation of noble minds when they are delivered from the separating barriers of individual bodies, present at least in germ the characteristic theory of Averroes.