The bass or lowest part concerning sing basso
- an adult male singer because of the lowest sound
- the cheapest person male performing vocals
- The bass or lowest component; since, to sing basso.
- a person who sings the best part.
- The double bass, or contrabasso.
in a variety of musical terms borrowed from Italian, "bass, a bass voice," from Italian basso, from later Latin bassus (see bass (adj.)).
(a.) The bass or lowest component; as, to sing basso.
- (a.) One who sings the lowest part.
- (a.) The double-bass, or contrabasso.
In Japan, as in Europe, three varieties of relief carving are distinguishedalto (taka-bori), mezzo (chniku-bori) and basso (usunikubori).