inside online game of backgammon to beat by ending the game ahead of the loser is clear of his very first ldquotablerdquo When played for wagering functions the champion when this occurs scores 3 x the wagered amount
- A game of opportunity and skill played by two individuals on a ldquoboardrdquo noted down into twenty four rooms known as ldquopointsrdquo Each player has fifteen pieces or ldquomenrdquo the motions of which from point-to-point are dependant on tossing dice previously called tables
- a board game for just two people; pieces move relating to punches of the dice
- a game title of chance and skill, played by two persons on a "board" marked off into twenty-four spaces known as "points". Each player features fifteen pieces, or "men", the motions of which from suggest point tend to be decided by tossing dice. Formerly called tables.
- within the game of backgammon, to beat by ending the online game before the loser is obvious of his first "table".
1640s, baggammon, the 2nd element from center English gamen, ancestor of game; initial element evidently because pieces sometimes tend to be forced to get "back." Understood 13c.-17c. as tables.
(n.) A game of possibility and ability, played by two individuals on a "board" noted off into twenty-four areas known as "points". Each player has actually fifteen pieces, or "men", the motions which from point-to-point are decided by tossing dice. Formerly labeled as tables.
- (v. i.) Within the game of backgammon, to beat by closing the game before the loser is obvious of his first "table".