Turned or turned toward one side maybe not in a straight or real way or position out from the right training course distorted obliquely asquint with oblique vision as to glance awry
- turned or twisted toward one side
- out of the correct or expected program
- turned or twisted to one side
- maybe not operating correctly
- Turned or twisted toward one side; maybe not in a straight or true way, or position; out from the correct program; distorted; obliquely; asquint; with oblique vision; because, to glance awry.
- besides the distinct truth, or right reason; unreasonable or unreasonably; perverse or perversely.
Strayed through the program, gone astray. Incorrect.
late 14c., "crooked, askew," from a- (1) "on" + wry (adj.).
(adv. & a.) Turned or turned toward one side; maybe not in a straight or real direction, or position; out of the right course; altered; obliquely; asquint; with oblique eyesight; because, to glance awry.
- (adv. & a.) Aside from the line of truth, or correct explanation; unreasonable or unreasonably; perverse or perversely.
As a criminal who is being led to execution knows that he must die immediately, but yet looks about him and straightens the cap that is awry on his head, so Moscow involuntarily continued its wonted life, though it knew that the time of its destruction was near when the conditions of life to which its people were accustomed to submit would be completely upset.